Methacrylate Panel MM15
This type of shielding is able reflect the noise. It provides acoustic isolation only at the rear of the barrier.
The methacrylate isolation barriers have great light permeability, high resistance to impacts and great flexibility.
The common uses for transparent screens are in window openings of long length sections and viaducts or places with landscape interest.
These panels are manufactured in various finishes, colours and typologies according to acoustic and technic requirements.
The panel fits to different profile widths.
Two polymethylmethacrylate plates (PMMA), that can be colourless or colourful, form the transparent panel MM15. Those plates fit in the clamping steel profile and these, in turn, to the structure of posts HEA / HEB. To ensure a correct functioning of the panel, they have to be equipped with EPDM joints.
– Easy installation panel. It fits easily between HEA/HEB profiles of the structure that supports the screen.
– Due to the panel configuration, a maximum isolation is obtained.
– Its aesthetics provides excellent landscape integration.
– Its varied designs resulting in different combinations that allows different measures and combinations with other type of panels, resulting in mixed shielding.
– Long durability due to the quality of its components.
– Great resistant performance against wind stresses.
– Components galvanized and thermo-lacquered in all different normalized RAL colours.
All stages of the assembly process are performed:
– Calculations of foundation and supporting structure.
– Stake based on topographic elevation.
– Foundation execution.
– Assembly of the supporting profiles and colocation of the panels
Polymethylmethacrylate sheet having a thickness of 15mm.
Supporting structure: consists of posts HEA / HEB type with welded base plate hot galvanized and painted with polyester powder paint.
The profile anchoring over the foundation is performed through bolts of varying diameter and length depending on the specific requirements of each project.
The foundations provides stability to the screen structure, formed by pillars and acoustic panels.
The foundation types in the ground are:
Steel posts, HEB or HEA type supports the panels; anchored to a foundation that should be calculated based on the study of the terrain, wind resistance, etc.
Steel profiles are used for fastening the panels to the posts, which are anchored to both the panel and profile.
– The insulation properties of the methacrylate screen have been evaluated according to EN 1793-2: 1998 standard, yielding an index of airborne sound insulation of DLR = 30 dB which corresponds to category B3.
– According to the EN717-1 standard, the weighted sound reduction index is Rw (C; Ctr) = 33 (-2; -3) dB.
– The PMMA complies with the German standard ZTV-Lsw 88, both in acoustic and mechanical properties.
EN 1794-1 standard in mechanic performance and stability requirements.
The mechanic properties are guaranteed by means of adequate analytic calculations.