METALESA SEGURIDAD VIAL manufactures, supplies and installs wildlife passage screens to be used at road edges. It is a wooden screen that is used on overpasses to protect the passage of wildlife or livestock on railways or roads.
- The specific wooden panel for wildlife passage screens is composed of opaque pine wood slats industrially treated in an autoclave. The treatment consists of applying arsenic and chromium-free water-soluble salts to the wood.
- The structural support for the wildlife passage is made from HEA/HEB profiles with a base plate welded between them into which the wooden panels are slotted. All metal elements are hot-dip galvanised according to Standard EN 1461 and painted with polyester powder paint.
– Ecological shielding system that perfectly integrates with the environment and the landscape.
– The wooden panels are supplied chemically treated to ensure the preventive and curative action of insects and fungi as well as solar radiation.
– They are extremely quick and easy to install.
– The materials used for the wooden panels are environmentally friendly in accordance with European regulations.
The type of foundation and the anchoring of the beams to the foundation must be sized based on the type of terrain, wind resistance, screen configuration, etc.
Aspects having an impact on the screen’s final effectiveness must be considered as a whole: compliance with on-site construction conditions, installation of the screen, type of panel, distance between beams, etc.
Equally as important as the panels’ characteristics are suitability of the type, height, insulation parameters, acoustic simulation, etc. It is also necessary to carry out adequate foundations to guarantee the system’s stability. Our engineers and calculation engineers jointly manage all these factors to ensure the screen functions properly.
At the client’s request, we carry out the entire assembly process:
– Foundation calculations and bearing structure.
– Staking based on topographic elevation.
– Execution of foundations.
– Assembly of support profiles and placement of panels.
Our engineering team has extensive calculation and optimisation experience, and our team of assemblers and associated subcontractors have spent years assembling acoustic screens in all conditions.